Monday, August 10, 2015

#LDR


"I refuse to escape reality. That I've accepted to see its beauty. I was awakened and I love this world."
 --Lana Del Rey

At times, reality can be referred as a "hard pill to swallow". Life can be far from easy, filled with sadness and struggle. Sometimes, it may feel as if our entire world is caving in around us. Reality can be the very thing that destroys the innocent soul.  Yet, despite the austere of life, beauty and happiness can be found. We must take off our rose colored glasses in order to see life in a new light. We must become "awakened" to see the beauty of the world we live in and love it.

Lana Del Rey has a unique sound and is incomparable. She expresses the range of euphoria and also the melancholy one may experience in life, through her voice and lyrics. Each song is its own masterpiece, unfolding a story of its very own.

Behind the face and voice of Lana Del Rey, was someone once only known as Elizabeth Grant. At first she used Lizzie Grant as a stage name, but made the switch to Lana Del Rey after releasing her first album in 2010, titled, Lana Del Rey. It wasn't until her second album that her music began to catch fire. Born To Die came out in 2012. The song, Summertime Sadness, helped Lana Del Rey's career explode. Her song was on repeat over the radios from coast to coast. Shortly after Born To Die, Lana Del Rey revealed the extended version, Born To Die: Paradise Edition.

Ultraviolence was the next album to be released by Lana Del Rey. Ultraviolence came out June 2014. Now, Lana Del Rey has announced another album is on its way titled, Honeymoon. The album will come out in September 2015. July 2015 Lana Del Rey released the first track on the record titled, Honeymoon. After publicizing Honeymoon, Lana Del Rey commented, "Here it is, the first and title track of my record-- Honeymoon. In some ways I feels it's where the record begins and ends. . . there are so many other tracks on the record, 13 others to be exact- Some with a muddy trap energy and some inspired by late-night Miles Davis drives. . . But I love this song because it encapsulates all of the things that come naturally to me."

Today, August 10, 2015, Lana Del Rey revealed another song from the album Honeymoon called, High By the Beach. Fans excitedly await the arrival of Lana Del Rey's new album and fresh music.

Again, I will declare that I am not a fan girl in any way for any music artists or celebrities. But, when it comes to Lana Del Rey, it's as close to fan girl-ing as I get. I am a huge fan of her music. And, I am one of the many fans who anxiously await for her upcoming album, Honeymoon. Lana Del Rey is hands down, one of my favorite artists of all time. I love her retro vibe. I also love her unique sound, rhythm, and lyrics. Lana Del Rey sings in a way that you can feel everything just through her voice. Lana Del Rey sings with distinct soul. Her music is easy to connect to. Often times, her lyrics have described how I am. And, in a way, I have been able to discover myself through her music.

Today is when Lana Del Rey released her song, High By The Beach. Today is also my birthday, and I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present. I absolutely love the original sound of High By The Beach. Under the comments of the video, one fan stated, "The Queen is back!" And, I completely agree. Lana Del Rey is back, and is coming with music that is original and fresh.

Below I made a list of some of my favorites from Lana Del Rey. A word of caution: some of the songs contain explicit material. Like always, I will try to mark which ones are explicit. Proceed with care and I hope you enjoy!

High By The Beach **Explicit













No comments:

Post a Comment