Friday, August 28, 2015

Kick-start Weekend

The word Friday is sweet music to the ears. Especially, after a taxing week of work, school, or chaos in any form, Friday seems to be the light at the end of the tunnel. Friday means the gauntlet of the week is over. And, Friday means the beginning of exciting endeavors, movie/TV episode binging, or kicking back and relaxing. No matter how you are kick-starting your weekend, be sure to check out the newest music releases for today.

Day after day, various celebrities helped assist Justin Bieber with the outstretched countdown for his single, What Do You Mean. Thirty days and many celebrities later, Justin Bieber's song is finally here. Today, his new single hit online music stores. Biebs also released a lyric video on YouTube.

For how much publicity this new single got, I was disappointed. If I was an eager fan being tantalized by the elongated countdown, I would've felt short-changed and disheartened once I heard the song. The song itself is fine. What Do You Mean has an interesting sound, but just isn't outstanding. In my humble opinion, I thought the song sounded monotonous. I kept waiting for the beat to drop, pick up speed, or whatever to spruce things up, but it never did. Justin Bieber has come a long ways and I'm sure he worked long hours on that song. But, I am just not in love with it. So, before you buy the song, I would suggest to listen to the lyric video.

Another music release for today is The Weeknd's newest album, Beauty Behind the Madness. Compared to What Do You Mean, Beauty Behind the Madness had almost no publicity. Personally, I have yet to hear a song by The Weeknd that I don't like. With that in mind, I went ahead and bought the album. I'm still working through it, but so far, so good. This album has The Weeknd's signiture sound and distint timbre. All in all, I would highly suggest to check out his new album. Especially, if you are a fan of The Weeknd. (This album does contain explicit content. Check out the clean version if you prefer.)

No matter how you may spend your weekend, do it with flair and with good tunes. Check out the newest music from Justin Bieber and The Weeknd. Also, check out all the newest singles and albums that have been released this past week. Happy weekend and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment