Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Newly Discovered

The famous Ray Charles once described music to be a part of himself. "I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me--like food or water."

Many individuals, artists, composers, and song writers would agree with this quote. For some, music isn't just something they love. It's something that is simply a part of them. It's what drives people. And, in a way, music can grant immortality. The human body alone cannot last; it ages and decays with time. But, music has and will always exist. Music can turn a talented human being into a legend that can last forever. 

Artists today are driven or were once driven by this passion for music. That's why we are constantly hearing new music from our favorite artists or new, upcoming ones. The music industry is constantly changing.

It's that time again. I have found songs that are new to me and song that are climbing up on the charts. The songs below are songs that I have newly discovered and love. Granted, not all of the songs are newly released. Some of the songs may contain explicit content, so proceed with caution. I hope you enjoy!

Again by Fetty Wap *Explicit* Again by Fetty Wap is my new favorite. This song has great rhythm and I absolutely love its unique sound.

Wait For Life by Lana Del Rey & Emilie Haynie I recently discovered this song and love it. Of course, I love most songs by Lana Del Rey. This song has a much different sound from her other songs.

Alright by Kendrick Lamar *Explicit* Kendrick Lamar always has that unique sound his fans love. The music video to this song is very interesting also.

Girls Like Girls by Hayley Kiyoko I'm not against lesbians or gays, but I'm not usually one who sponsors it. But, I love this song and the music video is cute. I couldn't help smiling at the end. 

Burning House by Cam I for one am not a fan of country. But, it had unique sound and wasn't too hill billy for me.

Growing Up feat. Ed Sheeran by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Currently there has been some beef about his incorrect references, but this song is good. And, Ed Sheeran gives a different twist the typical Macklemore sound.

I Know by Big Sean *Explicit* I heard this song on the radio, so it's not necessarily new. But, this song is a good jam. Big Sean is at it once more with good beats.

Wicked Games by The Weeknd *Explicit* This song is definitely not new by any means. This song came out in 2012, I believe. But, it doesn't change the fact that this is a good song, and I have recently discovered it. True Weeknd fans have already heard this song.

Twenty Eight by The Weeknd *Explicit* Also, this is not a new song. I discovered it a few months back, and I absolutely love it! The Weeknd always has great beats and lyrics.

Stitches by Shawn Mendes I'm not much of a Shawn Mendes fan. But, his song Stitches is catchy and has a fun beat.

Hotline Bling by Drake Most big Drake fans have already heard this. I am not, but I am still a fan of Drake and his work. 

Locked Away feat. Adam Levine by R. City I, among many other young ladies, love Adam Levine. He is perfection. And, the song has good rhythm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment